The school year is approaching and with it comes excitement for those students entering a new school. For Mom and Dad, however, making sure students are properly enrolled can be stressful! One hurdle can be that requirements for enrolling often include documented immunization records: Parents must present proof that their children are immunized against various diseases. If for some reason parents don’t have these records, laboratory tests can be performed to quickly and easily provide the documentation that the school requires. These are called titer tests.
Titer Testing Not Just for Students
Of course, it’s not only students who need documentation to support their immunization status. There are many instances when this may be required, such as:
- Employment in the education system
- Employment or study in the healthcare system
- Employment in the veterinary field
- Participating in athletic programs or various activities
- Pending travel plans
What Is a Titer Test?
The tests examine a blood sample to determine if it contains antibodies of a specific disease. The blood would only contain these antibodies if they had been released at one point in response to that disease’s virus or bacteria. This means that someone who has the antibodies in their blood has been exposed to the disease already – either naturally or through vaccination – and is now immune to the disease.
At Any Lab Test Now, we offer a variety of titer tests, including:
- The MMR Titer tests for immunity to measles, mumps and rubella. This is a great option for anyone studying or working in a medical setting where you are at a higher risk of being exposed to these diseases.
- The Varicella Titer tests for immunity to the varicella zoster virus — more commonly known as chickenpox and shingles.
- Hepatitis B. The Hepatitis B Titer tests for Hepatitis B, inflammation of the liver. This can be contracted through exposure to infected blood from another person, among other causes, so those working or studying in the healthcare field are at a higher risk of coming into contact with blood infected with hepatitis and should consider testing for all three types (A, B and C).
- The Rabies Titer monitors rabies antibody levels to ensure you are not infected with the rabies virus.
Any Lab Test Now offers hundreds of testing options, with convenience and affordability in mind. With no appointment necessary, wait times under 15 minutes and results back in 24–72 hours for titer tests, you’ll be glad you chose Any Lab Test Now to help with your proof of immunizations and other testing needs. After all, whether you’re diving into a new career or juggling kids, you have enough on your plate without wondering about proper immunizations.
Let Any Lab Test Now help you out today. Make an appointment online or call our experts to discuss what testing options are right for you.