Are you one of the thousands across the country that are struggling with your weight? If you answered yes, you are definitely not alone. The unfortunate truth is you have a lot of company. According to data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey:
- More than one in three adults were considered overweight.
- More than one in three adults were considered obese.
- About one in six children or teens ages 2 to 19 were considered obese.
Those are some pretty sobering numbers. The fact is, obesity is costing Americans — costing us our health and costing us our savings. Most of the blame goes toward our unhealthy lifestyles: too much food and not enough exercise. But for some people, the cause lies within.
THE HORMONE CONNECTION
There is a strong connection between our hormones and our weight. As we age, hormone levels adjust. But if something happens to disrupt that, the resulting hormonal imbalance can lead to weight gain, obesity, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome and even diabetes. Your estrogen, testosterone and cortisol levels can all leave you suffering and sick, despite a healthy diet and exercise. That’s why your local Any Lab Test Now offers the Weight Management Take Home Hormone Kit.
ONE TEST: LOTS OF ANSWERS
The Weight Management Take Home Hormone Kit provides you with a lot of information and it’s simple enough to perform in the privacy of your own home. The kit consists of a dried blood spot test and a saliva test. With that information, Any Lab Test Now can measure bioavailable hormone levels that might help you and your doctor understand unexplained weight gain, obesity, abdominal fat and low metabolism. The Weight Management Take Home Hormone Kit is really nine tests in one. It’ll provide you with information on the following:
- Estradiol – measures the amount of estrogen in your blood. Yep! Men have it too.
- Progesterone – measures the amount of progesterone in your blood. Knowing this level can also help diagnose problems with the adrenal glands.
- Testosterone – measures the amount of testosterone in your blood. Yep! Women have it too.
- DHEA-S – measures your dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate levels, a natural steroid hormone associated with stress response.
- Diurnal Cortisol – provides information on adrenal stress hormones. Might help explain fatigue and sugar cravings.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) – can help you screen for hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism.
- Vitamin D – measures your levels of vitamin D, which interacts with and regulates more than 200 genes in the body.
- Insulin – having too much or too little insulin is not a good thing.
- Hemoglobin A1c – this is a valuable measure of your overall blood glucose levels.
Armed with all of this information, you’ll be able to take control of your health. You and your doctor will be headed in the right direction to getting you healthy.
What You Need to Know
The Weight Management Take Home Hormone Kit does require that you fast for 12 hours prior to the blood draw. The best thing to do is to contact your local Any Lab Test Now and let them know you are interested in the Weight Management Take Home Hormone Kit and the experts will guide you from there. The knowledge you receive from this test, along with a healthy diet and lifestyle, will be the first step to healthier and happier you!